Discover Nature Event!
Mark your calendars for the 3rd Saturday in May in 2021, for an exciting FREE adventure that is full of discovery! Put on your comfortable walking shoes, gather the family, and make your way to one of Kent County Parks’ hidden gems -- the Hansen Nature Trail at Millennium Park. The Discover! event site is located at the corner of Butterworth Dr SW and Riverbend Dr (approximate GPS address is 3880 Butterworth Dr SW Walker MI). Click here for a map to the event site parking
Click here for a map of the park and activities!
This experiential family event for visitors of ALL ages runs from 10 am to 2 pm every third Saturday in May. (The trail program takes from 30 minutes to one hour depending on how many activities you enjoy along the way!). This nature event includes a "discovery" trail walk so that you can learn more about:
• Birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians that make the Hansen Nature Trail their home.
• The variety of trees, plants, and wildflowers along the trail.
• Unique habitats in the park.
• The history, lore, and geology of the area.
• Fish, reptiles, amphibians and more!
Attendees are invited to visit hosted nature stations along the trail, see live animal presentations, and take partDiscover! events have been held since 2010, at Pickerel Lake Preserve, Palmer Park, and Millennium Park. They have the following objectives:
in a nature scavenger hunt!
1. Enhance the awareness and appreciation of natural ecosystems.
2. Invite attendees to use their new knowledge to change practices in their own backyard.
3. Learn more about some of Kent County Parks’ natural areas and recreations opportunities
4. Challenge attendees of the interpretive program to use their new knowledge to change practices in their own backyard.
To learn more about the Discover! Nature Event at Millennium Park’s Hansen Nature Trail, visit the events tab on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/KentCountyParks/) or contact KCP Volunteer Services at 616-632-7842.
Photo Gallery Click on any image to enlarge